« Home | I've Really Fucked It. Have I Fucked It? » | People Get Shitty About Mr.Whippy » | Infinite Crisis Kicks Arse » | Free Texts! (If You're On Virgin) » | Argh!!!! Links Everywhere! » | Office Worker Gets DVT, Christ All Mighty » | The Raconteurs - I Like 'Em » | What Time Is It Mr.Wanker? » | What? No, I Don't Have A Cig, Fuck Off. » | A Bravestar Question » 

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 

Not Too Sure About Stan The Man

Stan Lee, the head guy of Marvel comics, is involved in some bizarre reality show which will result in the creation of a new comic book character. I've tried to find more info but every news source says the exact same fucking thing.

Make reference to reality television in comics? Sure. Make fun of them? Knock yourself out. Put your name to a reality show and let it have an actual impact on comics? You've lost it Stan.

Now don't get me wrong, I love old Stan, I even watched the Hulk just for his cameo (Who'd have thought Ang Lee could make such a piece of shit? Saying that though, who'd have thought he'd get an Oscar for a film about gay cowboys?) But none the less a black mark has gone against him here.

Im trying to imagine what Brodies reaction would be to this. Would he be outraged that mere mortals could dictate the course of comic book history or would he be delighted and desperately try to get involved?

Im not sure but either way it leaves me with a bad feeling to think that a guy responsible for the X-Men, Spider-Man, the Hulk etc... would have to stoop to this. Im not against new creative ideas and talent but this whole thing just shouts 'gimmick'.

Imagine my fucking surprise to see your page looking all different and shit! I don't mean shit, obviously. I mean, "different and stuff". Not that it's any of my business, but I think it looks better, dude.

That's a drag about Stan. He's just getting a bit old now. And Hulk really was awful, wasn't it?

I think it was only yesterday I was saying 'I wouldn't change my blog, blah, blah, blah', how two faced am I?

The only thing I like about the Hulk (except for Stan) was that the bloke who played Banner was called Bana.

The Bana/Banner thing was cool, no doubt. And Eric Bana's good; and Jennifer Connelly. Boring film, though.

Everyone's getting sucked into reality's maw and poor Stan got caught up in it. Even Rolling Stone is going to fill a slot with a reality show. So much for counter culture.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates