« Home | Eddie Guerrero is dead! » | It's a samsquanch! » | Now that's what I call dead wrestlers! » | Leeds Film Festival '05 » | In demand » | A letter from Vegeta » | I really hate people » | Another good film from Burton » | Feel the burn! » | Miniature Interview - Fred Jones » 

Monday, November 14, 2005 

People get worse

Okay, im used to inconsiderate, ignorant and generally shitty behavior but today I got pushed just a little more.

Now my centre is lucky enough to have a waiting room, this said room is obviously for people to wait before they take their test, be it either that they've arrived early for their test or they're taking a quick break between tests. What gets me is that most of them are doing basic fucking 'my first exam' type tests so this required thinking time is pretty disquieting, anyways I digress, the point is that it's a space for those who are going to be testing.

Occasionally some test takers bring along people who aren't sitting an exam themselves, I always frown on this because it always make the waiting room look a little untidy and when its busy its guaranteed that at some point I'll forget who they are and I'll ask them if they're waiting to do a test or whatever, to which they'll always have a response along the lines of 'Oh im just waiting for someone, you said it was okay' and have a smug fucking face that I've forgotten this five second interaction in the midst of a busy day.

So I don't like people being in the room if they're not taking a test, especially because they're plenty of nice places in the City to relax and enjoy the passage of time than my place of work but overall if they're quiet I let it slide. Today however, someone came in with a young child and without consulting me about it left her there while they sat two tests back to back taking probably a little over an hour and a half.

To clarify, a woman left her child of probably four maybe five in a waiting area without even telling me about it, totally unsupervised. This fucks me off; anything could have happened to this child, if it had fallen and hurt itself in some way what the fuck was I supposed to do about it? And I bet any money in the world if something had happenend some fault who have been laid at my door.

The problem was I didn't know who the child belonged to and they'd all started testing, and there's no way on earth im going to talk to a child, a grown man talking a to a small child he doesn't know? I'd be hanging from a tree by the end of the day.

It's not right that responsibility for this child was put on my conscience without even asking 'Could you keep an eye on her?', how hard would it be to just ask that? As for what sort of legal ramifications the college would have faced if something had have happened I don't want to think about, after all it's not a fucking creche.

The woman whose child it was didn't even go out on her break to check on her, it's people like this that should be sterilsed. If anyone pulls shit like that again im going to quickly talk the child into playing hide and seek, having the kid hiding under the chairs and when the woman finishes her test I'll tell her a huge guy with a moustache claiming to be her father came by and picked her up.

That might teach the bitch a greater sense of responsibility, at least give her a good scare (the benefits she gets for it are probably her main sources of income), which should be a good laugh.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates