« Home | Feel the burn! » | Miniature Interview - Fred Jones » | Midday thought » | Communication break down? Fuck off! » | Late night thoughts » | Quote of the week » | Im lost but im hopeful » | Stalking : The Culture of Mentalists » | What have I been watching lately? » | How to tell if someone is a decent human being, ju... » 

Monday, October 31, 2005 

Another good film from Burton

I saw this film on Wednesday but I thought I could get in on the whole 'Halloween thing', which oddly enough every blog seems to be giving some kind of commentary on. I've had to avoid a few of the blogs I usually read because they are doing their own little Halloween post and I don't want to 'accidentally' steal any of their ideas. We all know how lazy I am.

Burton is a strange entity to me, I want to hate him, quite badly but I am unable to do so and here in his latest offering im still waiting for enough to base a life long hate upon.

It's a fairly straight forward tale which im sure I've read before somewhere, possibly in a short story, that has nice themes and wraps up well. To be honest it's a good movie, Depp works well with what he's got, Carter as the Bride is perfect and the movie moves along at a seamless pace with well placed humor and action scenes. There's some slightly annoying musical numbers but apart from that I can find nothing wrong with it.

Any attempt to accuse this of being some kind of rehash of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' would be foolish.

So I recommend you go along and see Corpse Bride this Halloween.

* Burton, im still keeping an eye on you, three strikes and you're out! You hear me!? Im going to let the Batman movies slide for my own reasons but Planet of the Apes is a major strike, two more Burton, just two more and god help you!

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates