« Home | Goths are fucking stupid » | Miniature Interview - E.Honda » | People get worse » | Eddie Guerrero is dead! » | It's a samsquanch! » | Now that's what I call dead wrestlers! » | Leeds Film Festival '05 » | In demand » | A letter from Vegeta » | I really hate people » 

Monday, November 21, 2005 

If anyone says 'They need a bassist', I'll kill them, the unoriginal fucks that they are

I had the joy of going to Manchester to see the White Stripes (any White Stripes nay-sayers can fuck off, they're great and you know it), im not a huge fan, I still don't own their latest album but I had a tremendous time all the same.


I like Manchester, with its silent and therefore potentially lethal tram system and over abudance of Coffee Shops, which by the way is starting to make me a little suspicious, no race of people need that much coffee, im sure it's a front for money laundering or the intake of illegal substances.

I saw a giant Santa during the course of the day, which brought a smile to my face, I took a picture of it with my camera phone but as im lacking the proper equipment and knowledge to put it up on the blog you won't be seeing it, just imagine a large inflatable Santa on top of a church, there you go, pretty cool isn't it?

Went to the gig after having a few pints, the scalpers were having a field day outside charging outlandish prices, I really should get into scalping, good hours, you get to meet lots of people and work outside, it's got a lot going for it.

The White Stripes were tremendous, they did every song I wanted to hear (mainly singles I'll admit although I was well chuffed when they started 'I Think I Smell A Rat') the gig went on for an age, I was getting a bit knackerd toward the end to be honest and was glad to get some fresh air. The guys selling dodgy gear outside were nice and chatty as well.

The train was late getting back but that's hardly suprising and getting off at the station it was so cold I thought about getting back on. It was funny ringing a taxi place when it could literally be seen from where I was standing, might as well have walked over and knocked on the door.

All in all a tremendous day out, no sign of an inflatable sheep this time round but you can't have everything can you?

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates