« Home | A Super Hero Type Question » | I Shouldn't Have To Be Up So Early » | Thinking About Being Bald » | Not A Big Selling Point » | Idle Thoughts » | That's Not A Knife... » | Snikty Snikty! *An X-Men 3 Review* » | Caution, May Contain Shit » | The Pandas Roar - I Don't Want To Get Married And ... » | I've Got Worms (In A Good Way) » 

Monday, June 05, 2006 

Batwoman Goes Lesbatronic

Im a bit behind with this one but Batwoman, who was killed off in the late 70s is to return to the DC universe but she's going to be reinvented as gay. Wow (note sarcastic tone, or don't if you want to be difficult). I don't know how this has made it to mainstream news, moreover I can't beleive it was actually considered news worthy.

Some questions my geek self asks (and then answers because im 'special') -

Am I interested in seeing Batwoman return? Yeah, 52 (the follow on from Infinite Crisis) kick arse, so im sure it will be tremendous.

Is it a big deal that we've got a new gay character coming into the DCU? Not really, Montoya 'came out' about two years ago in an incredibly well crafted story, it was expertly handled and gently rocked comicdom and our perception of the character. In a good way. Im not bowled over by the introduction of a lesbian in a cape.

Does the whole thing have a kind of 'stunt' feel to it? Just a bit, either way it'll be great. Im more surprised that a gay character in a fictional story still amounts as news in this day and age. Mind you were talking about an age where gay marriage is still considerd one of the biggest issues facing society. Nevermind terrorism, world debt, the Aids epidemic etc...

Sorry, went a bit serious there. Oh, Infinite Crisis was fucking amazing, when it comes out in graphic novel form you could do worse than read it. If you're in anyway super hero inclined it will amaze.

in the 80's when TVAM was on strike they showed the 60's version of batman .
It was great for a hormonal teenager like me. I loved bat girl but my fave was cat woman.
Huge tits and dressed in a skin tight costume. Oh yes.

Yeah, Catwoman definitely has a whole bondage thing going on.

I once read in Bizarre magazine about folks who have superhero fetishes, wearing the spandex and all that. I only read it for research purposes obviously.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates