« Home | Caution, May Contain Shit » | The Pandas Roar - I Don't Want To Get Married And ... » | I've Got Worms (In A Good Way) » | Transformers The Movie - Fucking Excellent! » | The Deer Hunter » | A Few Things About Me » | Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? - Is Out On ... » | You Know Your Neighbours Are Arseholes When.... » | That New Halifax Advert » | Rashomon Rocks » 

Monday, May 29, 2006 

Snikty Snikty! *An X-Men 3 Review*

Went to see X-Men 3 on Friday. Is it any good? Well, as a comic book geek I try and hold back on a harsh comparison against the source material and all things considered I'd say that this film was - pretty good.

*Warning! There be spoilers ahead*

What I liked...

+ Wolvie killing people
+ Wolvie decapitating a Sentinel
+ The Juggernaut
+ The Multiple Man!
+ Angel
+ Fraiser as The Beast
+ Stan Lee cameo
+ Large scale destruction by Magneto
+ Storm getting her arsed kicked
+ A jail bait Shadow Cat
+ Ice Man finally going all Mr.Frosty
+ The Danger Room

What I Didn't Like...

- No Nightcrawler
- Multiple Man only being onscreen for 5 minutes
- Angel is barely in the film
- No Toad
- Daft 'made up for the movie' mutants
- The Phoenix is an alternate personality of Jean Grey (???)
- Jean Grey is the most powerful mutant on the planet
- What exactly happened to Cyclops?

*Yarr! The spoilers be over*

Probably better than the first one but not as good as the second one, if only Bryan Singer had directed it. Still, miles better than those Spider-Man efforts. Go see it at the cinema so that the big wigs will see that there's money in making an X-Men 4. Lets hope Hale Berry fucks off by then.

I'm a bit unsure of the X-Men movie franchise, I must say. I thought 1 was okay; didn't think that much of 2. Probably won't see 3 until the DVD.

Shame Angel is barely in it; he looks cool in the trailers.

Yeah, I think it's quite misleading, from the trailer I thought he was going to be a main character.

Angel looks great but has maybe, ten minutes screen time total and about six lines of dialogue.

I loved the comic books when i was younger..
my fave was always the nightcrawler..
I never cared for cyclops..wouldnt that be a horrible super power ?
Storm was cool in the comics but she sucks on screen ..

Yeah Nightcrawler is awesome. They should have the old team up, Wolvie, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Storm.

Saying that though Storm is just plain boring in the movies. You don't really get the sense that she's in the top 10 most powerful mutants on Earth or that she's African.

I wouldn't mind having Cyclops power. In New X-Men he even had funky ruby contact lenses. Cool eh?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates