« Home | Idle Thoughts » | That's Not A Knife... » | Snikty Snikty! *An X-Men 3 Review* » | Caution, May Contain Shit » | The Pandas Roar - I Don't Want To Get Married And ... » | I've Got Worms (In A Good Way) » | Transformers The Movie - Fucking Excellent! » | The Deer Hunter » | A Few Things About Me » | Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? - Is Out On ... » 

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 

Not A Big Selling Point

I saw a poster for Poseidon* on the side of a bus the other day. Im not moaning about remakes as I've done that before, what I want to moan about is one specific of the poster. It quite clearly said 'From the makers of 'The Perfect Storm and Troy', and I couldn't help but think 'Who give a shit?'.

Now I've not seen Troy but people have told me it's average at best and I've seen The Perfect Storm and while it's not bad it didn't rock my world (that might be partially due to the fact the pinnacle moment of the film was on the front of the DVD box).

Now im put off Poseidon to start with but that 'From the makers of...' just puts me off even more. I'd be more interested if it said 'Made by a bunch of unknown film makers who show a lot of promise', at least you wouldn't know what to expect.

That 'From the makers...' doesn't really mean anything, all it's saying is that the movie was made by people who've made Hollywood films before, errr, okay, I figured some of the people making this would have done so anyway. I dunno, not a major annoyance but something that struck me as dodgy, kinda suggests the film is shit.

* I do like that the word Poseidon is upside down, I saw a chav nearly break his neck trying to read it the other day.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates