« Home | Idle Thoughts » | Somebody Save Me! » | The Pandas Roar - Happy New Year » | Happy New Year And All That Guff » | Have You Got You're Christmas Shopping Done? » | I Saw Richard Ashcroft Live! - Oh, Coldplay Were T... » | Comic Review - Woodward, Webster & Arron » | Quote Of The Week » | Idle Thoughts » | The Pandas Roar - What's Wrong With Being Homophobic? » 

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 

I Love Resident Evil

It's time to tip my hat to another piece of gaming genius. I played Resident Evil back when it first came out and thought it was fucking great, im at the moment playing Resident Evil 4 which has got me reminicising back to this master piece.
I grew up watching a few too many horror films, some say it had a detrimental effect upon my mind (this is of course nonsense, it was all booze and Skittles that did that), so when Resident Evil came out I was immediately drawn to it. Take a scary horror film, put yourself in it, the result is Resident Evil.
I rocked on this game, completing it with both Jill and Chris, yes Chris, how fucking hard was that with his lack of grenade launcher and pitiful carrying capacity?
This game had it all, fucking truckloads of zombies, mutated sharks, big green beasties with big bastard claws, demented dogs, killer plants... fucking hell, im getting impressed just thinking about it, just think of anything that could take a bite out of you then imagine up a few new ones, all those were in the game and then some.
There was some really hammy dialogue, I remember early on that someone is described as being a 'master of unlocking', which stills makes me chuckle but it's a horror movie/game for gods sake! Who needs good acting when you've got enough blood to fill a swimming pool?
The game had psychological horror as well, which I don't think the sequels have tapped into to the same success. You find these weird little notes written by people who tell of them killing their friends or diaries of people who become monsters and it does create this feeling that you're trapped in a fucking mad house.
Did I forget to mention a huge fucking conspiracy among your team mates, with someone ready to shoot you in the back to steal all zombie data for themselves? Well you have this dubious boss called Wesker who is well weird and clearly up to no good, always disapearing when needed. It boggles the mind at how good this game is.
Im considering buying a Gamecube so I can play the remake which the Playstation 2 missed out on, to be honest im still bitter about the move over from Sony to Nintendo.
Okay the movies with Jovovich were dubious but thats hardly the films fault, does anyone remember early talks regarding that film when it was thought Bruce Campbell was going to star in it? That would have been awesome. In the same vain there was a bad ass advert made for Resident Evil 2 with actual actors, zombies, explosions but it was taken off the air because it was so badass some people couldn't handle it. I hate those cry babies who spoil it for everyone else.
If you've never played a Resi Evil then get it sorted, I'd recommend starting with the classic that got the franchise started, so good it got a directors cut and a remake, there aren't many games that reach the level of awesome required to have that treatment.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates