« Home | Quote Of The Week » | Idle Thoughts » | The Pandas Roar - What's Wrong With Being Homophobic? » | Comic Review - Richardson, Roberts & Manford » | Im Back From Amsterdam! » | Break In Service » | Miniature Interview - Freddy Kreuger » | I Love Final Fantasy 7 » | The Pandas Roar - Rainbow Families » | What Was I Up To This Weekend? » 

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 

Comic Review - Woodward, Webster & Arron

You can't keep me away from a comedy gig these days so for your entertainment or education (possibly both) here's another comic review.

I was at the Hi-Fi club this time, I'd never been to this particular venue before but found it much to my liking. Nice atmosphere, nice staff, good selection of drinks on tap, admittedly a lot of them weren't available on the night but im not the sort of bloke to hold a grudge. A bit pricier than the Library (ten quid) and a little strange when in there to think you're underneath an Oxfam but all the same I'd recommend it.

The compere was one Dominic Woodward and I must say he's the best compere I've seen in a long while. The bloke just seemed born for the role of comedian, his affable nature won me over almost instantly and his banter with the crowd and humorous insights had me chuckling loudly. Spoke with the chap briefly afterwards, only briefly mind, he was on the pull and he seemed a nice guy. He was a bit excited that he was going to get a positive review and then a bit disappointed it was just for my little blog.

The first act was Gavin Webster and he was hilarious. He did a bit on Pandas which had me crying with laughter (the Panda might not have been quite as impressed) and when I think about his set now it brings a smile to my face. Definitely go see the bloke, apparently he's one of those guys that does the same stuff every time you see him but in this case I don't think it matters.

The main act was billed as Dan Nightingale but we got instead Bennett Arron, a half Welsh, half Jewish comedian who was very funny. The problem with Arron was that being a very softly spoken chap he was drowned out by the audience a lot. What I heard of his material was good though and would like to see the bloke again.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates