« Home | The Pandas Roar - Rainbow Families » | What Was I Up To This Weekend? » | Comic Review - Deegan, Silky & Ince » | The Pandas Roar - The Mouse » | What A Shit Start To The Week » | Idle Thoughts » | For Fucks Sake! » | Are You Taking The Piss? » | The Mouse » | Best Before : All The Booze » 

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 

I Love Final Fantasy 7

Im usually moaning about something or ranting so for a change I thought I'd just talk a bit about something I really like.

Final Fantasy 7 (I can't be arsed doing the numerals) is fucking great, loads of 'hip' gamers might find that opinion quite antiquated and point to games I've never heard of, well they can fuck off.
I've not played many Final Fantasy games, in all honestly I've not played many RPGs in general (only Dark Chronicle and Grandia come to mind) but it's tops in my book.
Just take a look at Final Fantasy 7, you've got a badass with a sword joining a bunch of terrorists who go from trying to improve the world to discovering a plot of a loony to annihilate it and in turn make it their mission to stop him.
Awesome stuff, with more extras and sidequests than you can shake a big stick at, did you defeat Ruby and Emerald weapon? I did, im awesome.
My favorite character? Hmmm, a tough one, I'll say Cloud, obvious I suppose but Omni Slash fucking owns. Runner up would be Tifa because she's usually over looked but kicks arse, her multi combo limit break is a treat. Who went round Gold Saucer with her as opposed to Aeris? I did because I like birds with dark hair.
While we're on with that what's this I hear about Cloud and Tifa shagging? Im not the sort of person who would miss something like that but according to some they got it on when they stayed at the High Wing while everyone else left to see their families and what have you. Hmmm, an overactive imagination on the part of others?
Red 13 was a good character but his life was a bit dodgy. He'd had loads of experiments done on him at a laboratory but he was already a wolf/lion thing before he went there, what the hell did they do to him? Test cosmetics on him? His dad was made of stone but could shed tears (a little odd) and his grandad was a floating human with no legs, does anyone else think that old man shagged an animal? I do because he seems like the sort who would.
Breeding Chocobos was a load of fun, unlike in other FF games were you just capture them to run around for a while. I did like it in, I think it was Final Fantasy 4 where you got a purple chocobo which could fly, they should bring that back in the newer ones. Did anyone else breed a gold Chocobo? I did, im fucking great when it comes to breeding.
Also, did anyone else feel ripped off that we didn't get Chocobos Mysterious Dungeon (can't be arsed looking up its proper name)? I understand that it wasn't very good but we should still have been given the chance to purchase it if we fancied or let it collect dust in a bargain bin.
FF7 also had the Turks who were amazingly cool, with their matching suits and generally laid back attitude. The idea of an alternate group is brilliant, I love it when their just hanging out in that restaurant and on the second disk when you can either choose to fight or go your seperate ways was an excellent touch. Did you fight them and then beat the hell out them? I did, you should have guessed that.
Cid was never better than in FF7 as a nutter who knocks his wife about. In other FFs hes a bit of an inventor and usually sports a beard, in FF8 he was that stuffy principle (he did shag a sorceress though, that's quite impressive) and in FF9 he was that daft king which got turned into an insect. He was quite cool in FF10 admittedly but still no match for the FF7 Cid.
I liked Aeris a lot but was pissed of that she died at the end of the first disc, yes an emotional scene, booo Sephiroth and all that but what really annoyed me was I'd been leveling that bitch up all of the first disc, what a waste of leveling time!
Sephiroth is the best villain in a Final Fantasy to date, bollocks to your Sorceress or that Kuja (I did quite like him though) you can fuck off with you Sin as well. He had a bad ass sword, wore a fucking mean outfit, killed everyone in his path and generally kicked arse. The fact that he was a fucking loon makes me like him even more and the way he kept coming back for more was awesome unlike some other video game bad guys I could mention. How awesome was it at the end of FF7 when you cut the fuck out of him then scarpered?
He was even awesome in Kingdom Hearts and he only had a tiny part in that as a hidden boss. My main complaint there is that he just wasn't difficult enough to beat, that and he was voiced by one of the blokes from N-Sync. True.
Theres recently been a movie released about the game, I think you'd struggle to name many other games as old as FF7 that are having movies made about them now. If you say Doom, although that is a good answer I'll tell you to fuck off.
On top of that you've got a spate of mini games and odd type sequels being made because Square or Square Enix as its known these days know as well as I do that FF7 is the best of the bunch.
If you've never played the game then go buy a copy, get it played, then come back and re-read this post you'll find everything I've put to be 100% correct. Then wait patiently for the film to come out on DVD or illegally download it, the choice is yours.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates