« Home | Im Back From Amsterdam! » | Break In Service » | Miniature Interview - Freddy Kreuger » | I Love Final Fantasy 7 » | The Pandas Roar - Rainbow Families » | What Was I Up To This Weekend? » | Comic Review - Deegan, Silky & Ince » | The Pandas Roar - The Mouse » | What A Shit Start To The Week » | Idle Thoughts » 

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 

Comic Review - Richardson, Roberts & Manford

I was back at the Library pub last Thursday for more top comedy and wasn't disappointed.
The compere, one Tony Richardson was very capable, a quick wit making up for a not so strong stage presence. His accusations that a woman in the audience was turned on by pigeon impressions made me giggle.
The first act was Smug Roberts and im going to say that I liked him even though he was received less favorably by my friends. I wouldn't want to see the chap again as he seems to me like the type of comic who does the exact same set (I actually just checked into some reviews of his and this is infact what he does do) but it was funny for what it was. I'll never be able to hear Take That again without a wry smile, as opposed to the previous grimace.
The main act was Jason Manford, in reviews he's described as being similar to Peter Kay and with his portly appearance and similar accent you can see why. He works well with a crowd and is a genuinely funny man, thanks to him I now know the best way to freak someone out who has narcolepsy. At this point I have to raise my hand and admit that I did indeed fall asleep during his act which is a great annoyance to me but I had been out since half two and at the time of his act it was going on eleven. Fingers crossed I'll the have opportunity to see him again in the future.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates