« Home | The Pandas Roar - The Mouse » | What A Shit Start To The Week » | Idle Thoughts » | For Fucks Sake! » | Are You Taking The Piss? » | The Mouse » | Best Before : All The Booze » | The Pandas Roar » | A Grim Tale - R.L vs The Mongrel » | I wish Gary 'the great nonce' Glitter would just f... » 

Monday, December 05, 2005 

Comic Review - Deegan, Silky & Ince

The City Varities has foolishly cancelled its last few comedy nights, fuck them, I've found a new venue, The Library Pub which I went along to last Thursday.

At only five quid in I was already liking the venue (a Yorkshire man knows the true value of a pound), it was easy to find and has a nice atmosphere, with a respectable choice of largers on tap as well as their reasonable price I found myself quickly repressing all memories of the Varities.

Before the gig I saw Silky, who kindly did me an autograph and a sly discount (oh yes readers I have friends in high places) and gave praise for the blog. What a top bloke.

The compere was one Danny Deegan, a little weak I must say. The lad seems to be suffering from a lack of good material, although from reading his reviews it seems that he's got a lot of stuff he didn't use. I do like comedians who converse with the crowd but his direct confrontation was a bit dull after a while. I did find him funny in places and he does seem quite witty, one to check back on in the future.

Silky was the first main act and it may seem like im just sucking up because he's given me some praise but I honestly think he should have been the main act. It was 99% new material and I've only seen him about two months ago. Very funny stuff, I liked his twin towers remark and think he should keep his bit about being a Liverpudlian veteran (it made me laugh). He even had a new song, an hilarious paedophilic version of Wheatus' Teenage Dirtbag. For more info on Silky check out the link on your right, his blogs a good read too.

Robin Ince finished off the night, funny as always. My only complaint is that it was pretty much the exact same material he used when I last saw him and he didn't do the bit about his ex-girlfriend working in an Aldi (which is my personal favourite). I did like it though when he cut down some hecklers and later on some tossers who started talking.

A good night at little cost. I'll be back at the Library this Thursday so keep an eye peeled for my next comic review.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates