« Home | What have I been watching lately? » | How to tell if someone is a decent human being, ju... » | Miniature sidekick interview » | Ni ta ma de tian xia suo you de ren dou gai si (on... » | The Rock Show » | Clubbing : The Culture of Wankers » | "One for Firefly the movie please" » | The rant of the day.... part two » | Rant of the day » | The craziest thing I've seen on TV in a while » 

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 

Stalking : The Culture of Mentalists

Before we start there's two things I want to get straight, firstly, that mentalist is a real word because I use it ergo it measures up to all requirements for being real, secondly, I define someone as a stalker when they start obtaining information about someone that that person would not have been willing to give out.

There are a lot of levels of stalkerdom (another real word) so its important to understand what im talking about, at some point we've all had some attraction or interest in someone which is pretty much based on nothing and we've never persuade it, unless you've persuade every single person (in which case your super confident and I hate you) or your a robot (in which case your a metal killing machine and I fear you).

So just to expand on my earlier definition, it's okay to see someone and say 'Hey, what's that persons name' because im sure that person is okay with someone knowing their name, it is however wrong to find out the names of that persons siblings and parents on the internet (or whatever else kids use these days) because that's a little too much info for a stranger to have.

I don't understand stalking, I don't think I'll ever understand or heaven forbid engage in it because I am a deeply lazy person. If awoke one morning and was told that the love of my life was sun bathing in my front garden I probably wouldn't get round to investigating until some time in the afternoon. Case in point, I turned down a girls invite to see her this weekend because I'd become too attached to the plan of watching movies and reading comic books. It's this laziness which will probably lead to me dying alone but that's for another blog.

So why do people stalk? Now a quite well known branch of stalking which I want to dimiss quickly is the ex-stalking, now this again breaks down into categories but im not talking about those divorced wives or husbands who are always harping on about who their one time spouse is now fucking. Im talking about guys or girls (guys mostly in my experience) who were going out with someone, they break up and then they become totally obsessed with them, they keep their photo in their wallet, keep tabs on who their seeing, what their doing and this in my opinion is possibly the most fucking pathetic kind of stalkerdom because its just a simple case of someones inability to let go. I know it can hurt like a kick in the balls but just because you used to have sex with someone doesn't mean you have a right to a part in their lives forever more.

Also people who are scarily obsessed with celebrities are of low level concern because really they know that they'll never meet this person, they're not harboring any deep seated illusion that one day they'll be married and all that jazz. They just need to turn off their computers and get out into the world and meet people .

Now the type of stalking which I want to discuss, where the true mentalists reside in the levels of stalkerdom is with people who become totally obsessed with someone based off one sighting or possibly conversation and when I say obsessed I mean this person suddenly dominates every aspect of their lives. Its guys like these that make women so wary of guys in general, next time you meet one of these guys punch him in the face, no doubt at some point in your life you've missed out on spending time with a woman because shes had to put with shit from some mentalist or recently heard a story of said mentalist shit from one of her friends.
Are you starting to get the picture on why these guys suck so much?

Now some stalkers that I've known of, have been succesful, out going, even somewhat good looking people, you wouldn't think they'd need to stalk someone but of course we are over looking the most important part about these stalkers they're mentalists.

Some activities of hard core mentalists (please not im referring to a stalkers victim as, well, a victim) are :

* Will keep a record of every time they've seen their 'victim' and will know location, time and outfit worn exactly.

* Start a website about 'victim'.

* Will know where 'victim' lives and make it a habit of passing by there on a regular basis and again will take note of even the most mundane detail

* Will have an encyclopedic knowledge of the 'victim' her likes, her dislikes, her family history, her favourite colour, you name it, he knows it.

So really they show far more attention and concern than an actual boyfriend (I tried not to pick on one gender here but after a while I figured 'Who am I kidding?') ever would. I don't hate stalkers, apart from like the mega level ones even though I told you to punch them, they're basically people who don't have the nerve to act on their feelings.

What gets me is how ingrained in society this is now, I've met a lot of women who had or do have a stalker, one woman I used to know actually used to go for drinks with her stalker from time to time when she had nothing else to do, apparently he was a good looking guy with a good job. When I asked her why she didn't just go out with him her response was 'No bloody way, he's a stalker'.

You get that guys? Your doing no one any favours, your putting the woman off yourself and other guys, so don't just think about yourself but also how unwilling shes going to be to go out with anyone else if you mess up her mind.

Also I guarantee that if you are stalking someone and have friends (higher level stalkers don't have friends) they are sick to death of your whole stalking thing and are probably avoiding you now. That's something that's yet to be addressed in society, friends of stalkers, decent people who are friends with people who happen to stalk and what they have to go through. It's not fun.

So in summation, if your trying to get over someone, fucking do it and leave the person alone, move on, your better than the shit your pulling at the moment and as for you hardcore stalkers, mentalists, go out, do social things, get a hobby, you don't have to validate yourself through someone else life, you don't need them, your just projecting some idealised partner bullshit onto them due to some ingrained emotional disorder and I know it sucks to learn this on some nobodies blog but its still the truth.

And on behalf of my gender to all women that have had to put up with shit from a male stalker, my apologies.

I am offended liam, that you would diss me publically, and discuss my habits with the world. I might have to start telling more stories about yourself from the past.

You unsensative bastard.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates