« Home | It's official, the City Varieties suck balls » | A big thank you » | Warning - Warning - Warning * City Varieties may h... » | I yearn for the death of a salesman. » | What have I been up to this weekend? » | Even gayer than we first thought. » | NOBODY steps on a church in my town! » | The top 5 comic book characters to go drinking with » | All we need is a little Energon and a lot of luck. » | This is totally going in my blog! » 

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 

The Mourning Post


Very late last night the news reached me that Ronnie Barker had died, I used to love the guy on the Two Ronnies and like most people I grew up watching Porridge and Open All Hours.
From what I understand the guy was always a consummate professional and a true gentleman, so long Ronnie, we'll miss you.

I just like to take this opportunity while im a being a little serious to pay my respects to a few other dudes that the world is now less with their absence. Some of these men have been gone a long while but I'd still like to say goodbye.

Rodney Dangerfield - When I found out he'd died it hurt like a kick in the gut, and when I think about him it still does, I don't think we'll ever see another man like him.

Will Eisner - An amazing man who put something amazing into the world. I could talk about his career but better men than myself have already done so.

Bill Hicks - He was taken from us too soon, he knew the truth and wasn't afraid to say it. Possibly the last true preacher. Wherever you are Bill, I hope I'll bump into you someday.

With respect.


About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates