« Home | This is totally going in my blog! » | I have no idea if this will work » 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 

All we need is a little Energon and a lot of luck.

The Wanted Man says: What do you think? I don't think its set up quite right, im tempted to link some sites but I think i'd get sued

Braggy says: It's an excellent start to your blogging career

What a difference a sentence can make (wasn't that a song?). After a smidge of positive feedback I find I have the energy to continue on the championing of long dead shows.
Before I get started, if anyone recognises the name of this post and what its from, your a legend in my book. If you actually are a legend, like say King Arthur or Jesus and are somehow reading this and don't recognise the name of the post, don't worry your legend status is in no way affected.

Okay, where were we? A rundown of shows that TV asshats have axed, sounds a little unimaginative but screw it, I've started and am too lazy to think of anything else now.

Freaks and Geeks - Amazing show, the guys who put this together have my never ending respect, a friend introduced me to this show long after it was cancelled and am forever indebted to them as well. The casting is perfect, from the main cast to the minor, so many stand out episodes, apart from being hilarious I think its greatness stems from how it captured the feeling of being an outsider perfectly.

Undeclared - Okay, im going out on a limb because I've never seen this one but im constantly told by a friend of how fantastic it was, and this is a guy with brilliant TV show taste, so it gets a mention for that. And secondly it was made by the same people who made Freaks and Geeks so you know its worth buying on DVD, just because I haven't got my ass round to buying it yet, doesn't mean that you shouldn't. How about this, whoever buys it on DVD and then tells me about it will get a mention in my next post. I'll say your fantastic, actually you put what you want me to say and it goes down (god help me, please let the person who buys undeclared be somewhat normal, please).

Angel - Five strong seasons, Spike had joined the cast, what happened? Some pussy at the WB figured one of the establish shows had to be axed and Angel drew the short straw. Yeah, that was wise (he said sarcastically). Off topic, we really should invent some sort of punctuation for sarcasm, it is the language of the of the 00's. Maybe a kinda double dot in the air, like for eyes rolling or something, yeah I know it would look like speech marks but I think that's a good first attempt.

Firefly - Now this was fantastic, thank god were getting a movie to tie some of the loose threads together, I was at the cinema with a friend, the trailer for Serenity came on, afterward they commented I was making sounds..... 'as if you were having an orgasm'. That's how good the show was, and they axed it. Funnily enough the last few eps of Firefly were shown in Britain before the US, it was funny that US fans were asking their British friends to upload a US TV show, kinda like Bizaro world.

What? That's four, you want more? *sigh* fine, okay, let me think....

The Norm Show - Funniest sitcom ever, bar Seinfeld, yes its funnier than Friends, yes its funnier than Will and Disgrace, and if you disagree then you haven't watched all episodes of all shows and made a fair analysis and if you have and you still think Norm isn't as funny as those two tampax adverts then your a retard. I hate to be the one to break it to you but there ya go. It was only 3 seasons young and it got axed, I think this belonged to ABC, so boooooooo on ABC. If your after episodes I heartily recommend fakenews.net.

Shasta McNasty - God, I almost left this one off. This is what Friends should have been, a bunch of friends that hang out and are funny. It had Jake Busey on amazing form, yet to be repeated elsewhere as far as I know, Vern Troyer who some will know as mini me, if I ever meet the dude I will not mention Austin Powers. We all know Waynes World was a lot funnier.

Okay that was actually fun, I got to remember a lot of happy times, not from my own life but hey, beggars can't be choosers. So until next time 'Thunder Cats Ho!'

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates