« Home | I have no idea if this will work » 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 

This is totally going in my blog!

Yes! My little blog is working, now to win you all over that im funny and interesting. This probably wont happen but I figure its worth a try. I think if I throw in 'thuder cats ho!' every now and then people will like me, perhaps Seinfeld quotes or failing that stripper stories that are only partially exagerated, much like the strippers. Oh! See what I did there? No, neither do I.

The title of this post is quoting Neil Partrick Harris who was hilarious in the first episode of 'How I Met Your Mother', now my first rant is the suspicions that this show is going to be cancelled, thats right, after the first episode people are talking about cancelling it. Now this may or may not happen but tv networks have axed so many of my favourite shows that I beleive this is a ripe subject for me to start ranting on.

Okay, note to tv execs - *NO SHOW IS GOING TO BE SEINFELD OR EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, THAT BECAUSE OTHER SHOWS ARE OTHER SHOWS*, Everybody loves Raymond was cancelled this year *finally someone noticed the show was well past its prime* and now everyone is scrambling round for a show that will emulate is emmy success and high ratings, pretty big shoes to fill and if your feet size is even remotley is question, well they're going to be hacked off (that was a pretty violent metaphor but I beleive an apt one).

Okay, this has gone on longer already than I expected so heres a rundown of some shows that were axed at the height of their powers or were simply never given the chance they deserved. In no particular order, well obviously some order, like the order I remember them in -

Downtown - Watch this, seriously, if your friend talks about this show but never lets your borrow it, break into his house while hes out and steal it. Cut short after only 13 episodes, your going to detect a theme that MTV are tools when its comes to good shows, if you don't i'll ram the idea down your throat.

Undergrads - Again, great show, comes closer to giving you an idea of college than a thousand episodes of Saved by the Bell : College years ever could. Funny characters, enjoyable stories, kick ass soundtrack with an ending to the first season begging for second that MTV ignored, MTV are tools when it comes to good shows.

Clerks - Cancelled after only 2 episodes, shocking, the network in their infinite wisdom aired the 2nd and 4th episodes, the 2nd episode doesn't make much sense if you've never seen the 1st. Most people I know own the whole series on dvd and I hope who ever decided to axe this got axed himself. Oh yeah, MTV are tools.

Family Guy - Got axed twice but is still with us. For anyone deluded enough to think that petitions saved the show, I say two words 'DVD sales' yeah, I know that dvd is technically an acronym but my point still stands. This show got axed twice, its the funniest thing ive ever seen, whoever tried to axe this has no soul, I'd call him a tool but some tools have uses.

*Sigh* Ive had enough for now, when ive got a little more energy I'll go over live action shows that got unfairly axed, and maybe someday soon i'll explain my PIC worship, until then, Thundercats Ho!

*Imagine the music that plays at the end of Thundercats*

Gold Court gold!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates