« Home | A big thank you » | Warning - Warning - Warning * City Varieties may h... » | I yearn for the death of a salesman. » | What have I been up to this weekend? » | Even gayer than we first thought. » | NOBODY steps on a church in my town! » | The top 5 comic book characters to go drinking with » | All we need is a little Energon and a lot of luck. » | This is totally going in my blog! » | I have no idea if this will work » 

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 

It's official, the City Varieties suck balls

Finally getting the Varieties on the phone they confirmed that indeed the comedy night I was going to had been cancelled. On getting home I found a letter they had sent to me to let know 'in advance' about the night being cancelled, it was dated the 3rd of October, yeah, thanks for that whole couple of hours notice.


The Varieties is a concert hall which are always moaning on that they are going to have to close down and when you consider the half ass way they operate you've got to wonder if perhaps it's not a bad idea.

They get some of the best comedians/acts in the City but they never put any adverts past the bloody back alley from which they operate. Pubs and bars all around Leeds do very well with stand up nights but for some reason the Varieties can't fill seats.

The thing that really bugs me is that if was in charge of the place with their money and reputation, I could fill seats, easily. I'd put up posters advertising cheap comedy nights, awesome musical events and plays, dropping names and putting up ads were suitable. The Varieties think they deserve to do well due to their reputation and the fact they've been around a long time, bullshit, you've got to stay fresh and available to the public or you'll be dropped like the dead weight you are.

I feel bad about lashing out at the Varieties to a degree due to the good times I've had there but when I consider their dingy toilets, the absence of reasonable leg space, a website that gets updated every ace age and on top of that, making me look forward to something and then taking it away, well, a big up yours City Varities, you suck balls.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates