« Home | Hey, Hey, It's A Monkey! » | Idle Thoughts » | Worth Its Weight In Gold » | Curb Your Enthusiasm » | Happy Birthday Dear Blog » | Friends Reunited. Well, Not Exactly Friends... » | I Frown At The Girlfriends Behaviour » | A Shit Situation » | Student Festival » | Rocking Out With Public Transport » 

Monday, October 16, 2006 

Playing Games

I recently bought a new game for my old PS2. It's great when you get back into an interest you've been out of for a while isn't it? The game is called God of War and if anyone remembers Myth on the Commodore 64, well, it's pretty much the same thing but in 3D.

The Commodore 64 is the main reason for this post as thinking back on it has flooded my mind with gaming nostalgia. It was a cracking machine although, tell these kids that the games you used to play where on cassettes and they look at you like your a mental.

I did actually have a cartridge or two for the Commodore, a game starting almost instantly was like magic back then. By eck, thinking back on all that time starting at loading screens, misspent youth or what?

Does anyone remember dizzy? You can stuff your Lara Croft or Sonic the Hedgehog, Dizzy was the shit. He was an egg (I think) with red gloves and boots and had about a million games on the go, most of which I had.

I had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game as well, which came in a cardboard box, fancy stuff back then. It was beauty as you could change turtles as you went, Donatello was probably the best to play with, his staff offering the best range but I defy anyone to resist the temptation of playing as Raphael.

I had an Aliens game which was shit hot. It was first person, like Doom but many, many years before and you had to lead all the marines through alien infested corridors. I remember that hispanic soldier called Vasquez, I could never pronounce her name back then so I referred to her as Vas-Squeeze, much to my dads amusement.

The games seemed a lot gorrier and downright stranger back then. I remember a game where you were inside a giant alien and each level was like a different part of his body which you had to destroy. Also a game where you had to run round mazes avoiding giant ants. Barmy.

I could go on and on about this, so before I alienate any none gaming readers... What? I so do have readers, I must do, my mum says im lovely. Where was I? Oh yes, bye bye.

Ah Retro games. Aliens was one of my all time faves. It made me jump out of my skin....
I loved the spectrum games, skool daze, the white Knight games too.

Amiga games and all those Dungeon quest games. They are all available now on the net for free. They are still great too.

Anyone for a game of Laser squad?

You remember Hampstead, Sherlock, and Zim Sala Bim? These were the games I played on my Commodore 64. Classics all. And before that I used to play Donkey Kong on a ZX81 with added 16K memory pack. Good stuff.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates