« Home | Work Sucks, I Know » | Im Melting! Im Melting! » | Virgin Comics? » | Hey, Do You Know Who You Look Like? » | 20 Comments Wednesday » | OMAC - Looking Good » | Idle Thoughts » | Yarr! A Pie-rat Review » | Kindness Gone Unrewarded » | Wonder Woman Is An OAP » 

Monday, July 24, 2006 

First Of The Gang To Die

Yesterday, news reached me that someone I used to go to school with had died. Unlike before, this wasn't someone I didn't really know or someone I didn't like. This was someone I knew of and was actually quite fond of, as a result I've been thinking of it since.

For some reason 'little' was always affixed to her name. She was always 'Little S', not because of her actual size, she was about the same height as everyone else, mainly due to her quiet nature. I won't lie, I wasn't close to S. I haven't seen her in at least 15 years. We used to go to the same primary school, it was a small class, five boys and four girls (I don't think you get classes that small any more). I never spoke to her much but I saw her everyday for 3 years and always liked how she never bothered anyone and kept to herself.

Yesterday I was told she'd killed herself. At first I didn't know who my mother was on about but as soon as the basic description was given she came rushing back into my minds eye. She was from a good family, plenty of money, even before I knew what posh was I knew that's what her family was. Not stuck up though, her mother was always friendly and nice to everyone.

I wonder what happened to Little S. Could life really have been that bad? I guess I'll never know.

Im not trying to give any meaningful insight into death, anything I'd say would be a shit cliche or something stolen from a book. I just wanted to say that I remember Little S and I feel a little numb about hearing she's dead.

I've got an old school photo somewhere with all nine of us together, I don't think I'll ever look at it again.

Weird, isn't it? The first of my school acquanitances to die was only about a year or so out of school. He was on a moped and got sideswiped by a truck as I recall. About 17 years old. I've since lost several acquaintances of more or less the same age as me. People in their 20s at the time, most of them. It is numbing, even if you would never have seen them again, to know that you actually never will now. Sad.

Yeah, that's it exactly.

I've been in a weird funk all day about it.

My best mate died when i was 8 years old at junior school. It freaked me out, but someone not a million miles away was celebrating when the news broke.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates