« Home | Im Melting! Im Melting! » | Virgin Comics? » | Hey, Do You Know Who You Look Like? » | 20 Comments Wednesday » | OMAC - Looking Good » | Idle Thoughts » | Yarr! A Pie-rat Review » | Kindness Gone Unrewarded » | Wonder Woman Is An OAP » | Water You On About » 

Monday, July 24, 2006 

Work Sucks, I Know

Im in a funny mood today, due to this your getting a bit of a weird post, apologies in advance.

I used to have a great relationship with management, this being that they barely knew I existed so they left me the fuck alone. This is now not the case and every day I hate them a little bit more.

Why can't they leave me the alone? They're obsessed with adding me onto every mundane e-mail making the rounds. I don't want to be involved, I don't want to be a team player. I want to come in, do my bit and then fuck off.

Last week I got an e-mail about cleaning. All about making sure things are spotless and sparkly. From this you might think im a cleaner, I wouldn't blame you, for a second I thought I was as well until I remembered im nothing of the sort. My first inclination was to tell them to e-mail the cleaners, although they probably don't have e-mail, so instead I just ignored it.

Summer is upon us, this is the only quiet time of the year for me. Management are going berserk. 'Why is it so quiet?', 'What can we do to make it less quiet?', these questions and variations upon them are now visited upon me daily. I've tried to explain in several ingenious ways that this is the quiet time of the year, that there is no need to rush out and try and find other forms of revenue, by the time it gets to September it will be busy again. You'd think they let me enjoy the next month and a bit to chill out? No fucking chance, I swear they won't be happy till im as burnt out as them.

I often don't work a full week. Work depresses me so I like to have an extended weekend to make amends to myself for being so dulled out. Im asked questions about coming in on days I don't work. I tell them I don't want to do it and they ask me why. Do I have plans? Does sat reading all day and drinking lemonade count as plans? I think so.
I'd love to tell them that working upsets me so I really need the next day off to relax but I don't think they'd understand.

I've never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. Well, I knew I wanted to be happy. Beyond that not a clue, something involving a lot of reading would be nice.
I don't care about money, obviously I care to a degree but making lots of money isn't that interesting. The only things I want out of life are to learn things and have a good time, everything else is a distraction.

Reports have been written about me. The common theme in them is that I don't seem to care about what im doing. Who could? Some sad bastard in our office sent a letter to us while on his first and possibly only holiday this year. It started with 'Dear team' and contained the usual dross one writes to people whilst on holiday - having good time, nice weather etc...
The only time I'd write a letter to work from a foreign country is if I was never coming back and it would only go on about how much I think they all suck. I'd probably never write it though, who has the energy to waste on something like that?

I should stop rambling on, it's probably a quarter life crisis or something pathetic like that. So I will.

Reading and lemonade are definite plans. What the fuck else is there in life? Apart from watching films and drinking beer, which is really only a variation on a theme.

Thanks for the back up asterisk.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates