« Home | That Mustachioed Plumber » | I've Run Out Of Coffee And Im Pissed Off » | What The Fuck? » | Race Against The Clock » | Idle Thoughts » | Passing Interests » | A Thundercats Question » | Hardcore Rain » | An Image To Inspire Fear » | L.A. Confidential Rocks » 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 

Early Morning Music TV

First thing in the morning I like to have a really strong coffee and sit listening to rock music on the telly, it gets me (somewhat) motivated for the day ahead. Well im pissed off, because now a load of the music channels instead of actually showing music, have fucking teleshopping until 7am (I get up far too early).

Shitty teleshopping trying to sell people a thicker head of hair or a slimmer arse, who buys that shit, moreover who'd buy it before seven in the morning? Anyway, im none too impressed as this means there's no more listening to Kerrang for me and the Amp has gone altogether! Now it was by no means my favourite channel but it had on occasion good music and you'd think with nine hundred million channels there'd be room for it wouldn't you? As Adrian Mole would say - just my fucking luck!

So I was flipping round the other channels and I think I've found the anti-Christ of music tv. A channel simply called Fizz, it's utter shite, I would go as far as to say it could be the nadir of modern society. All it shows is shitty rap and dance songs, which fair enough quite a few other channels are also guilty of but what really puts this one ahead for me is it's text feature. Basically you send in a text and they put it up on the channel, it's much like a chat room but on the telly. The comments made are so inane and simple minded that I actually jotted a few down for you're (dis)pleasure, check this shit out -

996- av got somthing 2 cheer her up
565- where are all the pics of sexy girls? im bored?
077 - wot urs
196 - 18th b'day tody n its rainin =(
155 - what part of wales are you from bbe i from gwent x
968 - am from cardiff u gotta pic ttb
196 - mine was so gr8 had da worst hangova tho
155 - txt me k

Still with me? I hope your eyes haven't started bleeding. Now I know there are online chats like this going on all the time *shudder* but at least they are cheap, this fucking service costs one pound a go!!! What you're looking at there cost the best part of a tenner! I can't believe people are willing to spend their money on this, to be represented by a number like an extra on the fucking Prisoner and still be confined to txt speak. These are probably the same people who bought the crazy frog ringtone. Fuckers.

So yeah, early morning music tv is a disgrace.

The Amp getting dropped was a big blow chez Asterisk. We're into Scuzz at the moment, although it has softened a lot, probably to fill the gap left by The Amp. But the ads before 7 on Kerrang suck. I rarely see 'em, but Wife ain't happy...

I too have noticed the that Scuzz has toned down since Amps disappearance, still annoyed by that. I'd consider knocking together some kind of petition for a return of Kerrang pre-7am but I doubt it'd work as these teleshopping lot must have pretty deep pockets.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates