« Home | Joey Potters Had A Baby! » | Idle Thoughts » | Quote Of The Week - Off The Telly » | Wanted For Crimes I Didn't Commit » | Comic Frustrations » | Another Cracking Episode Of Smallville » | Im Going To Be Rich » | Something Fowl » | Fuck Me I Backed The Winner! » | A Little Flutter » 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 

Meetings Suck

It might come as a surprise for you to learn that im not included at many meetings where I work. Mainly because I stare out of the window counting clouds, plus during the last meeting I attended I fell asleep. After that it was decided that it would be best just to let me know the highlights afterward. What annoys me about those highlights is that for anyone whose not present it says 'apologies', I've never been sorry in my life for missing a meeting nor do I think has anyone else. What it really should say is 'jammy bastards'.

Meetings, presentations, whatever you want to call them I fucking hate them. I think it goes back to my school days when we had to do little meetings and presentations, I fucking hate talking in front of people and obviously telling teachers this will only make them want to subject you to it more (the cunts).

I don't think I've ever been in a meeting which has ever achieved anything. They've always fallen into one of two categories -

1) A general warning that something's coming up which if fucked up will mean a bollocking for everyone
2) A bollocking

People who go to meetings seem to spend the majority of their working weeks in the fuckers. No wonder nothing gets done! Last year there was a big committee type thing put together here to decide on which company to go with for some big purchase, they all spent loads of time doing all kinds of research, at the end of which they came to an agreement and showed their findings to the main bloke who was going to okay the purchase. He ignored the recommendation and went with another company because he had a mate working there. And that's what it all comes down to, it's a load of pissing about so the higher ups can show they aren't just running things without any input from the underlings (which of course they are).

The best advice I can give to those who are dragged into a meeting is to fill your pockets with as much free grub as you can.

Meetings are almost always a huge fucking waste of time. I was told the other day of a meeting with 12 people in it that lasted 15 minutes. Okay, short and sweet, I grant you; but that's three "man hours" wasted. Not to mention the "preparation" that probably had to be done, and the writing up of the notes/minutes afterwards. What a load of cock. I can get a shitload of work done in three hours.

Aye, it never ends! Oh, you've got to book a room and then of course there's refreshments to consider. When shall the scheduled breaks be? Is there anyone available to take the minutes? It's one rolling fucking snowball of bollocks.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates