« Home | Excellent » | Changing The Subject » | Quote Of The Week » | How Do » | Where Are You Going Now!? » | Blocked » | Idle Thoughts » | The Funny Thing Is... » | Awesome Scrubs Moment » | Great Potatoes Of Fire » 

Monday, September 18, 2006 

Get Off Your High Horse Before I Drop Kick You Off It

The other day I was walking through town when some meat head took one look at me, in my usual scruffy attire, looked at my Kaiser Chiefs T-Shirt and said 'Kaiser Chiefs are shit'. I was gob smacked, fucking gob smacked, I should have said 'Where's your band nob head?' but as they say, hind sight is twenty twenty.

Now I know people out in internet land will be going 'Well yes, Kaiser Chiefs are shit, they are x number of bands that are better.....', you know what? I fucking well know this. It's a five quid t-shirt I picked up outside a gig, im not Ricky Wilson. Im not one of their fucking roadies, I claim no immense love of them. But if I want to listen to them and like them, that's my god dam fucking right. I personally think Artic Monkeys are a pile of old Artic Monkey shite but I wouldn't say so to someone who said they liked them. Why? Because it's their right to like them.

I don't even know what bands are considered cool these days.*Sigh* It's all so fucking tiring, im sick to death of everyone fucking falling over themselves to prove to others that they have a good taste in music. Myself included.

You have profiles with people saying -

Favourite Music - Oh, allsorts, I've got a really diverse music collection. People resort to these sweeping statements to hide some imagined embarrassing musical taste just to escape the ridicule of people they don't even know, how sad.

It's like, if I said 'I like Kanye West' im sure there'd be people thinking 'Fucking hell, how lame' and so im giving it 'Well, I like all sorts of music...' and at this point I start naming bands I like which im pretty sure other people will agree are cool such as AC/DC, Hendrix, Velvet Underground, The Shins, Public Enemy etc.... Now I do genuinely like these bands but I do also like stuff which other people probably don't like, such as the Chiefs and I end up feeling half bad that I like it, like it's against some cool law and as im thinking myself quite cool I must be going against some fundamental aspect of my character.

Im so frustrated by all this musical superiority bullshit. Im going to go reminisce about the time I went to an Avril Lavigne concert while I try to find someone to go to see the Lemonheads with. Later.

The Kaiser Chiefs are good live, and their records ain't bad, are they. Singalongable, like. Obviously some people think they're shit. Oh well. Maybe that guy needs to get a shirt saying Kaiser Chiefs Are Shit. Trouble is that these days people think every dumb-cunt thought that crosses their mind is worth verbalizing.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates