« Home | Hey » | Are You Jesting? » | Filling Time » | Chav Card #3 » | Someone Glass The DJ » | Chav Card #2 » | A Verbal Speed Bump » | Chav Card #1 » | Film Four Is Now Free » | BB News - Sezer Arrested » 

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 

Basically, I Went To A Book Signing

I went to a book signing last night for Irvin Welsh, it was awesome. It was a delight to hear him read from his new book and answer questions, though I couldn't help but find the audience a bit simpering. Sometimes the guy wasn't even being funny and people were laughing.

I can't deny that I was disappointed with the crowd of people that gathered for the signing. I was feverishly looking for a Begby type character, some surly bloke with a bottle of beer in one hand and snooker cue in the other but it was only the usual crowd of intellectuals, pseudo or otherwise.

One thing I'd never seen at a signing before was free booze, there was plenty here. Some people were really going hard on the vino, im not sure if they couldn't handle their drink or were just trying to get their moneys worth from the 3 quid entry ticket.

I hung around till the end, enjoying the atmosphere (and yes, possibly a few drinks) and then got a copy of Trainspotting signed. Old Irvine also agreed to write 'Weekend zanies are such a drag!' in my notebook. I was quite literally, chuffed to bits.

Fair play to Mr Welsh. I went to a book signing for John Simpson once and tried to get him to write "Kate Aidey, the only thing worse than war" inside a copy of "News From No Man's Land", but he was having none of it.

you have to go to book signings, i still regret not going to see peter farrelly.

My mum loves his book 'filth'. She likes a nice disgusting read!

What's going on? Are you a weekly blogger now, TWM?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates