« Home | Chav Card #1 » | Film Four Is Now Free » | BB News - Sezer Arrested » | First Of The Gang To Die » | Work Sucks, I Know » | Im Melting! Im Melting! » | Virgin Comics? » | Hey, Do You Know Who You Look Like? » | 20 Comments Wednesday » | OMAC - Looking Good » 

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 

A Verbal Speed Bump

So im walking into work this morning, see someone im on a 'hello' basis with, this is my first interaction of the day with another human being but it soon goes drastically wrong.

Wanted Man (me) - Morning (said in a 'hello' kind of way)
Random Bloke - What's good about it?

Fuck me that threw my mental processes out of the window. I was tempted to say 'I didn't say good' but thought against it.

WM - Sorry?
RB - What's good about it? Im knackerd.
WM - Oh, right.
RB - See ya later (he walks off)

Does this kind of thing happen to other people or am I just unable to communicate with my fellow man in anything other than total confusion?

Oh heck. Not much you can do about that other than say 'well fucked if you think I am asking you again'.

i think you should have said "i didn't say good". twat. next time just say "hey there". can't argue then, can he?

i am not good at communicating as i dont listen to what others have to say.

Another thing, are you supposed to look people in the eye during a conversation? I try looking at there eyes and then suddenly feel uncomfortable so i look away.

I'll have to train myself to look in peoples eyes when talking to them.

I prefer to look at their mouths as i am sure i am going deaf and i can also pretend to be my hero, gil grisham.

Thanks everyone for your top advice.

As for the person who mentioned eye contact, I have the same problem, after a while im sure if im freaking the other person by too much eye meeting.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates