« Home | Am Back So's I Am » | Im Off To Bony Scotland » | Quote Of The Week » | World Cup Update - Kinda » | Lord Of The Rings : The Third Release » | Eyes Wide Shut » | Cool Robot Videos » | Noel Edmonds Wanking Has Been Put On Hold » | The Latest Banksy » | Help Screech! » 

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 

Summer Tunes

Christ alive! A heat wave warning!? Is it me or is this a country of weather extremes? We're either being flooded, frozen to death or boiled alive, I wouldn't really mind any of 'em as long as the weather would stick to it. But fuck it, I don't want to be negative, it's summer!!!!
So, obviously the first thing you think is - Time to make a summer mix tape/CD/list type thing to chill out to. So what makes the cut? Well read on to see my top 10 tunes for a summer mix CD -

*I might get the titles slightly off but if you know the song you'll know what im on about

1 - Summer Time - Will Smith

Pure classic, what a way to get into the mood for some maxin relaxin.

2 - Get What You Give - New Radicals

Oh, we're taking it up a notch with this smash hit. Faced paced and awesome, I miss Greg Alexander.

3 - Waiting For The Man - Velvet Underground

Time to go old school with this gem, a foot tapper to be sure.

4 - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals

A fucking belting tune, it's a crime this song isn't better known.

5 - In The Garage - Weezer

One of my favorite bands with one of my favorite songs, I always end up singing along to it. The fact that it mentions Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler is the cherry on the cake.

6 - A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash

'My name is Sue! How do you do!? Now you gonna die!'

7 - Hotel Yorba - The White Stripes

Jack White on top form with this cracker.

8 - Motor Cycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers

We're slowing the pace a little with this beauty. Does anybody not love this song?

9 - The Fake Sound Of Progress - Lost Prophets

I like the prophets, I've always preferred the first album over the later stuff and this song is a treat to shake your head to.

10 - The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix

We're going out with some 24 carrat gold. Hendrix was the fucking man and this tune always blows me away.

Now it's fair to say that if I did this tomorrow it would contain totally different songs but right this second that's the tunes I'd like to hear. I've missed off some fucking awesome tunes I know but with only ten you're forced to make some hard choices.

What would you have?

Can't buy into choices 1, 2, and 9, but all the others are sound (in my ever-so-humble opinion!).

Ooh, just my kind of post! Here's what made it on to my "Beach Mix" CD:

Mercy Me, Alkaline Trio
I Believe in Symmetry, Bright Eyes
Route Nationale 7, Charles Trenet
Division Day, Elliott Smith
Sugar, We're Goin' Down, Fall Out Boy
All These Things That I've Done, The Killers
Time for Heroes, The Libertines
I Am What I Am, Village People
Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt, We Are Scientists
Island in the Sun, Weezer

1/20

A - Fair enough. But what would your ten tunes be?

R - Thanks for the input. Those are some cracking songs.

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates