« Home | Idle Thoughts » | Quote Of The Week » | Wonder Woman » | What Is It Now Ralph!? » | Rebels??? » | It Turns Out Im Samuel 'Screech' Powers » | Kryto - niiite!!!!!!!! » | Where's Panda? » | The Art Of Insulting Someone Seems Long Dead » | What Went Wrong With James Bond? » 

Monday, March 13, 2006 

Under The Weather

I’ve been feeling pretty shit the last few days. I hate it when people say ‘poorly’, that’s what a five year old would say. When I phoned up my workplace letting them know that I wouldn't be coming in I simply told them ‘I can’t come in, im feeling shit’. The following day I just sent them an e-mail saying ‘Feeling like shit’ because I couldn’t be bothered dialing.

I was using the shit scale so much (quite shit, a bit shit, very shit) that I think it was on the third day my girlfriend phoned up and just said ‘So… how shit are you feeling today?’. It made me feel chuffed that the system was being adopted by others so successfully. Im glad there was no nosey questions from my place of work regarding my illness, a while a go I had food poisoning so I phoned up said ‘Can’t come in, have food poisoning’. On my return to work they were all saying ‘So… food poisoning huh?’, as if I was a fucking liar but the second I said ‘Oh do you want the details?’ I was treated to this repulsed face and a quick ‘Oh god I don’t want any details’, which just fucking annoyed the hell out of me, either you believe me or you don’t and question me on it, don’t pussy out when faced with gross details.

I could have written something while feeling shit but I just couldn’t muster the energy, here’s a brief summary of what I got up to on my feeling shit days:-

xxx

Day 1

Played through RE4 using the Chicago Typewriter, ridiculously easy but enjoyable. Listened to the whole first series of the Gervais Podcast, enjoyable enough, the formula is pretty simple, provoke Pilkington into saying something stupid then laugh at him, somehow it works.
Saw the X-Men 3 trailer, looks promising, fan boys are all over it obviously, going on about the size of Juggernaut and how Gambit isn’t going to be in it. They should just fucking chill out, you’ve got Angel and Beast turning up in this one, should be great.

Day 2

Watched quite a lot of CSI. Who in their right mind would question Grisham? You’ll never encounter a man more suited for his job but you keep getting these twats going ‘Oh well Grisham, it’s been five minutes since the crime was committed were shutting you down while we get some incompetent fucker in’.
Started playing POP: Sands of Time, I do enjoy these games quite a bit, lateral thinking and all that, not overly impressed with the dark prince concept just seems like an extension of the sand wraith idea from Warrior Within.

Day 3

Watched GITS 2 : Innocence, another masterpiece by Shirow. But even though I’ve read the original manga, seen the first film and read ‘Man Machine Interface’ I was still at points going ‘Okay, so he’s the dude who knew the major… but that guy is a spy… wait, rewind, who was making the gynoids?’ More a fault with my state of mind than the film.
When out for a short walk, weather was awful and it got me coughing my lungs up, went into the supermarket for a few things, this bloke ahead of me at the checkout was hilarious, he was ready to kill this woman in a fit of rage due to being overcharged by one pound forty.

xxx

I could continue on with the mini diary but it just breaks down into a series of movie reviews. I think that walk did me good as I was feeling a lot better afterward. I considered going somewhere this weekend but one look out of the window and I just laughed to myself, trudging round in snow, I don’t fucking think so.

Back at work now and thinking about my time off I must say that overall it was a positive experience, a time to catch up on movies and tv shows, get a lot of sleep and have some time to myself, it’s a shame I can’t feel like shit more often.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates