« Home | Lost The Plot » | Smallville - Yet Again Im Blown Away » | 100 Films » | A Little Bit Personal » | Snookered » | Helping The Aged » | How Much? » | A Little Test To Pass The Time » | Kids Today » | Some Times You’ve Just Got To Laugh » 

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 

Super Staff

There's is a computer games shop near where I work and the people that work there are tremendous. Somewhere along the line reality cut them loose. They always amuse me when im in there. They make the staff of my local comic book store look like high flying attorneys.
The last time I was in, one of the guys (lets call him T) was wearing a home made bandana with a Mario 'M' on it as well as a long glittery cape. He was looking through the bargain bin and found a copy of Parappa the Rappa at a mere one pound.
Well, he was very excited. T started cheering and decided this game wasn't going to leave his sight. He went behind the counter, popped it in a ps2 and started playing away frantically. He was having the time of his life.
A little boy who had watched all this excitement walked over to the counter, his eyes wide, here is their exchange -
Boy : Why are you dressed like that?
T : Im a super hero.
Boy : Really?
T : Oh yeah, im in league with Parappa at the mo, see?
Boy : Wow.
Other staff member : He's more like a super geek.
T : Hush.
At this point the boy was looking on at this enthusiastic gamer amazed and it really brightened my day. It's so rare to see anybody who isn't as miserable as fuck, whinging on about this or that (hypocritical? me?). To see somebody who actually likes what they do and to brighten the lives of others while working, well, I will always hold people like that in the highest regard.

I went to GAME yesterday. I bought a book on how to play Oblivion. The geek was really excited to see me, he was yacking away all the time, 'ooh have you been turned into a vampire yet?' blah blah.

I told him I needed the book 'cos I had downloaded the game illegaly an couldnt work out the controls.

He wasnt man enough to say anything about that.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates