« Home | Quote Of The Week » | GTA: Public Transport » | Get Your (Sham)Rocks Off » | Quote Of The Week » | Two Shitty Barrels » | Harry Potter And The Lastest DVD Release » | Under The Weather » | Idle Thoughts » | Quote Of The Week » | Wonder Woman » 

Monday, March 27, 2006 

Cheeky Fuckers The Lot Of Them

If you’ve ever watched a DVD you’ll have probably noticed those adverts which you can’t skip. You push the next chapter button which usually shifts them but you get the message ‘function not available on this disc’ or something to that effect, cheeky mother fuckers. It costs a lot to buy or rent a DVD these days (to rent a DVD is about three pound fifty) so I think it’s fucking scandalous that after paying that extortionate amount that adverts come on before the film menu which is itself a fucking liberty but on top of that they’ve put code on the disc preventing you from skipping them! I don’t barter with the bloke behind the counter on how much im going to pay so I don’t expect someone else’s input on what im going to be watching on the disc.

DVD isn’t the only medium which winds me up. At the cinemas there’s a never ending amount of fucking advertising. Those little static screens before the film starts are fair enough but now there’s fucking adverts before the trailers. Adverts before the fucking trailers at the cinema! When the fuck did we let that happen? I see adverts for McDonalds on the TV, the radio, at bus stops, those fucking huge poster monstrosities at the side of the road, now I see them before a film at the fucking cinema! What’s next, McDonalds adverts on toilet paper? I wouldn’t put it past these bastards. I wouldn’t mind maybe if cinemas had cut the cost on tickets and had to make the money back somewhere else but it costs six pounds per ticket at my local cinema now, six fucking pounds. And I don’t want to hear even a fucking murmur about them not making enough cash. The amount of people who went to see Goblet of Fire alone would be enough to populate Ireland three times over.

Oh, and another thing, Sky. Sky in itself is okay but what’s the deal with the length of its fucking adverts? I watch something on Sky One and by the time the commercial break is coming to an end I’ve forgotten what the fuck I was watching, let alone the story of the show. This is also true of the UK channels, it’s ridiculous, they stretch a show which should last around 26 minutes to about 40. Channel 4 and its counterparts aren’t half as bad. Where’s their money coming from? Are they selling Invasion and Desperate Housewives bootlegs on markets at the weekend? I’d guess no, there just not run by a bunch of greedy bastards unlike the Sky and UK channels… fingers crossed it stays that way.

What really incenses me is then all these big entertainment companies wonder why piracy is so fucking hard to stamp out? Well for a start the adverts are cut out of TV shows. I don’t have to listen to scally mongoloids have a conversation while im watching a film, unlike in the pissing cinema. What the fuck ever happened to ushers? We need a return of these big style. I would suggest getting bouncers to do it. It would give them something to do through the day. It would be excellent, a mobile goes off and you’re warned, happens again and you’re out on your arse. Where was I? Oh yeah piracy, if I hear another fucking millionaire go, ‘oh, piracy is killing the music industry’ I will fucking scream - YOU ARE KILLING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY YOU GLORIFIED PARASITE, SIGN SOME FUCKING GOOD BANDS FOR A CHANGE AND DON’T GIVE MARIAH CAREY ANOTHER EIGHT MILLION WHEN SHE ASKS FOR IT.

*Breathes out slowly* I feel a bit better now.

About me

  • I'm The Wanted Man
  • Im like Superman without the super. With a head cold. Confused? Me too.
My profile

Blogs & Sites I Like

Geeky Stuff

Do you think the Flintstones and the Rubbles ever did a bit of wife swapping?
Yes! They were a right set of dirty fuckers
I bet the lads would have done but the ladies wouldn't hear of it
No! Don't be so fucking sick
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from the_man_that_is_wanted. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates